Sunday, June 5, 2005

Beyond the 'Pale'

Charles G. Hill reports that, nearly 40 years after the Bach-flavored song hit, Procol Harum keyboardist Matthew Fisher is suing for a writer's credit on "A Whiter Shade of Pale."

Of course, I hear you wondering, "What did Dawn Eden write about this subject in her rock-historian days?" Well, I'm glad you asked. A Google search of my name and Procol Harum turns up this. I wish I could say I saw this latest development coming, but despite Fisher's fans giving me credit for "the first time EVER that Matthew Fisher was even mentioned in a press article on AWSoP," I had no idea that the keyboardist had a mind to sue.

Come to think of it, I have no idea what the song's about, either. I just have no idea.

* * *

Apologies to readers who commented politely on my Friday blog entry, only to see the entry with its 90-odd comments taken down. I am on a three-day vacation, blogging this on a friend's computer, and don't have time to delete the off-topic, profane, and abusive comments as I normally do. When I checked on the comments to that entry just now, they were out of hand, so rather than let them go further before I return home tonight, I've taken the whole thing off.