Theresa Bonapartis wrote to ask if I would pass on the following information about the upcoming Silent No More gathering in Rockefeller Center, right by the offices of NBC, CNN, Fox News, and the New York Post. She also writes, "Please keep it in prayer too. We did this a couple of years ago in the same spot. It was interesting. People were on their cells calling other people and saying, 'You are not going to believe what is going on here…' Some people went out of their way not to pass us. With God’s blessing it will bring a message of hope to some walking by who are hurting."
Here are the details:
The National Silent No More Awareness Campaign
New York City Gathering
WHEN: February 23, 2006, 4 p.m.
WHERE: 6th Ave. between 49th and 50th streets
WHAT: Event to break the silence of abortion and let women testify to the damage abortion has caused them
CONTACT: Colleen Barry at Silentnomorenyc -at- yahoo.com.
The Campaign seeks to expose and heal the secrecy surrounding the emotional and physical pain of abortion. Since officially launching the Campaign in January 2003, 110 Gatherings have occurred in 3 countries and 44 states.
This gathering is one of 20 happening throughout America and in Washington D.C. in January/February of 2006. Each participant is “Silent No More” by giving a 2 minute testimonial. Those without a testimonial attend in support with the speakers.
The campaign has three main goals:
1. Educate the public that abortion is harmful emotionally, physically and spiritually.
2. Inform women who are hurting from an abortion that there is help.
3. Invite women to join us in speaking the truth about abortion’s negative consequences.
3 ways to participate:
1. If you are a post-abortive person who would like to speak out about the harm abortion has brought to your life.
2. If you are a post-abortive person who does not wish to speak but is willing to hold a sign saying “I Regret My Abortion”.
3. As a general support and prayer person who will attend as a spectator (we need you there!)
If you are planning to attend or have questions please e-mail Colleen Barry at Silentnomorenyc -at- yahoo.com. Your feedback is appreciated.
Georgette Forney, Executive Director of NOEL (National Organization of Episcopalians for Life) and Janet Morana, Associate Director of Priests for Life are the Co-Founders of this Campaign.