Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Turning in "early" this morning after attending a delightful Jinx Atheneum Society debate on the resolution: "Should Superheroes Have to Register with the Government?" I cast my vote at the end for Ken Silber's argument for the resolution, but Robert A. George's argument against it won over the audience; the vote was 18 to 6. More details to come from Matt Alderman on Shrine of the Holy Whapping.

The "Wuz" series continues late tonight. In the meantime, you are invited to use the comments section below to hold your own discussion of whether superheroes should register with the government.

UPDATE: Robert George recaps his brilliant closing argument::

First they came for The Hulk and I said nothing because I wasn't big, green and filled with anger management issues; then they came for the mutants and I said nothing because I wasn't a mutant; then they came for the superheroes and I said nothing because I wasn't a superhero; then they came for me ...