Sunday, December 10, 2006

Dawn in the Galley

Ron Hogan, an editor of Mediabistro's book blog GalleyCat, scoops the Dawn Patrol with the first photo from my book party last Friday night at Dempsey's Pub in the East Village. He gets extra points for calling me an evangelical Catholic and, when mentioning the writers' group Gegrapha, referencing John 19:22.

Many thanks to Ron for noting, "Though the fact that she was a blogger before she was a published author has inspired some recent media attention, like Liesl Schillinger's review in yesterday's NYT Styles section, it's worth noting that the book isn't just a repackaged blog, but a all-new argument for premarital chastity informed by her own experiences."

And yes, my friend Brute Force, the songwriter and former Apple Records artist who was a member of the Tokens during the mid-1960s, really did perform a song called "Eggy and Sperman." And it was perfectly in tune with marital chastity, which after all does include sex. Trust me.

Watch this space for more party pics. Also, I just discovered that The Politicker's Azi Paybarah snapped a photo of the sign for my NYC Borders signing—thanks, Azi!