Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Welcome, 'Life on the Rock' viewers!

This morning, I leave for Birmingham, Ala., to appear on EWTN's "Life on the Rock" at 8 p.m. Eastern time tonight. It is a true thrill of the chaste to appear on the premier prime-time show of Mother Angelica's network. Naturally, I am nervous and excited, and would be very grateful for your prayers. If you do not have EWTN at home, you can watch the show live on the network's Web site. Go to the "Television" tab there and then click on "Live TV."

If you are reading this after 8 p.m., then hopefully it is because I piqued your interest about my book, and not because I became the first-ever "Life on the Rock" guest to have an on-air coronary or something. Normally, this blog contains posts about whatever's on my mind that day (usually related to pro-life or chastity issues), but today I've filled it with posts about my book, The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On, for those interested in learning more after seeing me on the show.

If you're in Dublin, Ireland, or London, England, come to one of my talks as I tour there beginning next week:

October 3

Speak to Newman Society, University College Dublin, 1 p.m.

October 4

Debate, University College Dublin, 7 p.m.

October 6 and 7

Theology of the Body conference, Dublin. Contact the John Paul II Centre for details on this or any of my other Dublin appearances.

October 8

Speak at Farm Street Church, London, 7 p.m.

* * *

I will be posting only sporadically between now and October 10. My friend Henrietta G. Tavish will likely check in with occasional posts and updates on my tour. Thanks very much for your prayers, support, and readership.