Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Intermezzo

I just want to say how utterly thankful I am right now. Thanks to those of you who have prayed for me, including for my health. This is a beautiful time to be healthy and able to bop around town to see Il Papa, which is what I am doing for the next few days. The experience of having the Holy Father in town, and even passing by my parish church, also makes me so thankful for the grace of conversion to Christianity and especially the grace of having entered into full communion with the Catholic Church.

A dear friend of mine is in town for the papal visit, so I am also delighted to have fellowship during this time. And I am so thankful to be working a freelance job so that I can take time off to partake in the events surrounding the Pope's stay in this great city of Washington. All in all, I feel like I have more blessings than I can count.

Tonight: Meeting my friend and going to church to help young adults paint a banner for tomorrow. Already dropped off over 100 yellow and white flowers at church so that, as the Pope passes by tomorrow, women in the crowd may wave flowers that are the colors of his coat of arms. Brother Hugh Vincent Dyer O.P., a Dominican transitional deacon serving at my church, suggested the flowers, saying they would remind the Pope of the gardens of his native Bavaria.

Tomorrow: Possibly attending the White House event in the a.m. as a guest of a friend's daughter—hoping and praying the daughter can get me in. Then hightailing it to my parish to wave flowers at the Popemobile. Finally, in the late afternoon, heading to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, as a friend who works for Dominican House of Studies was able to get me tickets to cheer the Pope's arrival there.

Thursday: Mass at Nationals Park!

Will blog with photos when I can. Pray for the Holy Father's intentions!