Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Listen to my new talk: “Ways of Bringing the Divine Mercy to Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse”


So sorry to have been so long without a Dawn Patrol update (though I do post regularly on Twitter)! I have been busy with doctoral studies, as well as preparing for the upcoming publication of the Catholic edition of my first book, The Thrill of the Chaste, which I have thoroughly rewritten. You can read about both my studies and the Catholic Thrill in my recent interview for America magazine.

One of the many joys for me upon beginning my studies at the University of St. Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary was being invited by the seminary's Peace and Justice/Gospel of Life Apostolate to give a lunchtime talk to the 210 seminarians there. The organizers wanted me to share the message of my book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints from a pastoral-care perspective.

The September 22 talk, “Ways of Bringing the Divine Mercy to Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse," was recorded on audio, and now, thanks to the magic of the Internet, you can listen to it via SoundCloud.



Although the talk is geared toward seminarians, it is relevant for anyone who seeks to reach out to those who bear the wounds of abuse or trauma.

Also available for download are the handouts I provided to the seminarians: "What Forgiveness Is — and What It Isn’t: Five Things to Know and Share" and "Reflections from Pope Francis on Divine Mercy and Healing of Memory."

If you would like to give to support my studies and apostolate, click the button marked "Donate" in the sidebar to the right of this post. To bring me to speak in your area, write to me. Thank you and God bless you.