Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Publisher's Weekly gets a new Thrill
Latest media updates

In advance of Valentine's Day, Publisher's Weekly has an article on new books on "Love and the Single Christian" that, I'm excited to say, prominently features my own Thrill of the Chaste (Catholic Edition):

Dawn Eden, who converted from Judaism to Protestantism, then recently to Roman Catholicism, offers an updated Catholic Edition of her 2006 book, The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On (Ave Maria Press, Jan.). PW asked Eden how single Catholics can live faithfully in a society where casual sex is often accepted behavior. Says Eden, “As an unmarried Catholic, I don’t think of my chastity as a ‘no’ to sex; I think of it as a ‘yes’ to love, because it shows me how to be truly present for others.”

Read the whole article at PublishersWeekly.com.

I had other wonderful news yesterday about the new Thrill, which I was delighted to announce on Twitter:


In other news, Matt C. Abbott has an interview with me in Catholic Online in which I discuss what's so new about the new Thrill:

Being a member of the Mystical Body of Christ, and receiving Jesus' own Body and Blood in the Eucharist, has given me a deeper understanding of the meaning of being embodied. I see more clearly how chastity enables one to love fully in each relationship, in the way that is appropriate to the type of relationship and to one's state of life. Chastity is not just for singles; in marriage, it enables couples to grow together in freely willed, total, faithful, and fruitful love. For that reason, I wanted to make the new Catholic edition of The Thrill of the Chaste relevant for men and women, whether they are discerning marriage or a celibate vocation, and that is what I have done.

Read the rest on Catholic Online.

Finally, thanks to the generous efforts of Spanish Catholic historian Santiago Mata, the video I made about the new Thrill is now available with Spanish captioning:


I am deeply grateful to all of you who read my blog and pray for my apostolate. Thank you so much for your prayers. You and all my readers are in mine too, every day.