Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Does This Mean Planned Parenthood Finally Cares About the 'Love Child'?

The top story today on the Planned Parenthood Federation of America's Web site is, "What's Next With the Supremes?"

I realize I've been terribly hard on Margaret Sanger's organization. As a service to them, using my vast knowledge as a rock historian with an able Google finger, I'll do my best to answer their burning question:

  • In January, Diana Ross signed on to be one of MAC Cosmetics' Beauty Icon spokesmodels. She continues to tour and will perform at Liverpool's Blenheim Palace next month.
  • Cindy Birdsong is currently a minister in the Los Angeles area and has declined offers of Supremes reunion tours.
  • Mary Wilson just starred with "The Jeffersons"' Marla Gibbs for a two-performance run in Philadelphia of the gospel musical "Heavenbound."
  • Florence "Flo" Ballard is still dead.
I fully expect Charles G. Hill of Dustbury to follow up on this story (as he did when I broke the news about Lesley Gore's new album). In the meantime, the best sources for Supremes news are the ones that Planned Parenthood doesn't want you to see.