Saturday, June 11, 2005

Murder Most Fowl

My beloved Joel, who is in town for the week with his son, told me that I said something blogworthy yesterday, so here you go:

We were talking about turducken, which is apparently something bizarre that they eat way out there in the mysterious Midwest, consisting of a chicken in a duck in a turkey.

Joel, noting my surprise, went on to enlighten me about beer can chicken, which apparently involves sticking an open can of beer inside a chicken and then cooking it so that the beer evaporates into the fowl. This struck me as even more macabre, despite the fact that, like turducken, it also sounded delicious.

I said, "I guess that once you've decided that the corpse of a chicken has no moral value, you can do anything with it."

I guess you had to be there. Anyway, I'm thankful that I have a boyfriend who thinks my bon mots are gems.