Many thanks to everyone who's offered to host the animation that I wrote about on Saturday*. Watch this space for links to sites that host the cartoon; I'll keep putting them up as they arrive.
UPDATE, 9/20/05: Since Planned Parenthood Golden Gate has removed "A Superhero for Choice" from its Web site, the best place to find it is by clicking the "video" link in CNS News' article on the animation.
And now, for links to Dawn Patrol readers hosting the cartoon:
- Saint Kansas offers what he calls a "zipped, postage-stamp-sized Windows Media version that's only 3 MB—small enough to e-mail."
- David McKendrick of Shoutlast.com put a link to the video on one of the site's discussion threads, both as a full-sized download and as a ZIP file (scroll down to the fourth and fifth posts).
- ArrMatey, fighting judicial activism on the high seas of CourtZero.org, offers this direct link to the animation in Windows Media format because "it needs to be seen."
- Joel Helbling has put a copy of the cartoon up on putfile.com.
- Greg Wolkins of the delightfully named Catscape has a copy of the cartoon available as a Windows Media ZIP file.
On a related note, Christianity Today Online's Rob Moll has an article on the animation, "Planned Parenthood Affiliate Quietly Removes Cartoon Advocating Violence Against Pro-lifers," which includes this great quote:
"NARAL is doing ads blasting John Roberts and accusing him of promoting violence in abortion clinics, which he has not," says Pia de Solenni, director of life and women's issues at Family Research Council. "And at the same time you have Planned Parenthood clearly promoting violence against anyone that thinks differently than they do. The irony is just striking."If you're hosting "A Superhero for Choice" on your site, and your site's family-friendly, please feel free to mention that in the comments—thanks! Remember that if you host it, you do run the risk of unprotected contact with a Planned Parenthood lawyer.
*My post about the cartoon first appeared early Saturday morning; I later changed the date to Monday to keep it at the top of the page.