Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Thrill Is Gone (to the Publisher)

I sent my book, The Thrill of the Chaste, to my editor at W Publishing Group Monday. Hallelujah! It's due out in October.

Writing the book was by far the hardest project I've ever done. I'm so glad it's over. I used some Dawn Patrol material to get some of the chapters started, but 90% of it is new. Even the Dawn Patrol bits are heavily rewritten. I thought I was pretty sharp at the time I wrote those old entries—now I see that the difference between blog-quality writing and book-quality writing is vast.

I'm very happy with the way the manuscript turned out. Many thanks to readers who offered encouragement and prayers.

Note: If you're on my mailing list, I haven't forgotten about you. Will be sending out an exclusive book excerpt very soon. Still recovering from long hours writing.

UPDATE: Finally came up with a subtitle that my publisher likes. The book's title as of today is The Thill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On. Sorry to disappoint Gawker's Jessica Coen, who was rooting for You're Going to Hell, Slut.