Monday, November 13, 2006

Churchy la femme

If you work or volunteer for a church, young-adult group, or bookstore, this post is for you: To promote my book, which comes out December 5, I'm planning to do bookstore signings and talks. Several are already lined up, but I'd like to do many more.

My book's target audience is women in their 20s and 30s, so young-adult gatherings and Theology on Tap-type events would be ideal. (I'm already set to speak at the New Haven, Conn., Theology on Tap in January.) Depending on how many appearances can be arranged in a particular region and whether the group sponsoring my appearance is willing to buy copies of my book (which may be purchased in bulk from my publisher at a discount), I would travel anywhere in the country. (After all, I'm only a first-time author once.)

I would also like very much to speak at charity fund-raisers, particularly for pregnancy resource centers. I have done one such benefit already, for Hudson, N.Y.'s Alight Center, and it went extremely well. If you would like to book me for an event, please e-mail dawn -at- dawneden.com (replacing -at- with an @).