Monday, December 11, 2006

WMCA Good Girl

[Reposted to coincide with my rescheduled interview:]

Today, from 3-4 p.m. Eastern, I'm scheduled to be a guest on Kevin McCullough's show on WMCA, home of the Good Guys. You can listen live, or check in with the station's Web site a bit later for the podcast. Kevin is a TownHall columnist and fellow first-time author; his Musclehead Revolution came out in August.

As I say in the acknowledgments to my book, without Kevin there would be no Thrill of the Chaste. It was because of his on-air request to bloggers three years ago, asking them to call attention to the protest against the smutty Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue, that I got serious for the first time about covering values issues. Until then, I had been afraid to write about things outside my daily life and my pop-cultural interests. Kevin inspired me and gave me vital support as I found my footing writing about deeper topics.