Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Changing 'Sheets'

I'm happy to report that my National Post article, "Between my sheets, a lonely world," has found a magisterial home on the Catholic Educators' Resource Center. It's in excellent company there on catholiceducation.org, alongside hundreds of articles by the likes of Peter Kreeft, George Weigel, and Peggy Noonan, among others. Among the site's highlights:

  • "Love," by Peter Kreeft, helped me when I was writing my book. I quoted one of his statements from the article: "We fall in love but we do not fall in agape. We rise in agape."
  • "Catholic and Feminist: Can One Be Both?" shows the brilliant mind of Elizabeth Fox-Genovese. I don't agree with her that those upholding the Church's beliefs in the dignity of women should retain the word "feminism" to describe their efforts, but her conclusions are powerful.