Saturday, March 24, 2007

Excel-Lent choral music in Manhatan

My friend Fallen Sparrow sends this notice of the Church of Notre Dame's Lenten concert. I'll be there:

As Lent continues on toward Holy Week and Easter, my choir will be performing its annual Lenten concert of Renaissance sacred music at the Church of Notre Dame, 405 W. 114th St. (at Morningside Drive, near the Columbia Campus and St. Luke's Hospital - #1 to 116th St.) on the evening of Saturday, March 31st at 8 p.m.

This year we are featuring a stunning setting of "Media vita" by Lassus, as well as motets by Palestrina, Festa, LaRue, and three of Gesualdo's Tenebrase Responsories.

I would be honored and delighted to see each of you there. For those who have attended in the past, it your support has always brought me joy and I hope that you have found the music a rewarding experience.

The admission is $10, and $5 for students and seniors.
RELATED: "Lent: Rehab for the Rest of Us," by Dallasblog's Caroline Walker