Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A return to hottest-y

"This evening I heard Dawn Eden speak at the Fellowship Bible Church, which of course is in Dallas where I am, not in the Zeta Reticuli star system where I am not. Eden is on a book tour for The Thrill of the Chaste, but you might otherwise know her by her weblog, The Dawn Patrol.

"A few of the synonyms given for chaste are pure, austere, celibate – words of rather discreet charm. Slightly better are modest and decent, but the only real frisson one can get from these is in imagining them as reactions to an amorous advance (although the t-shirt Eden was wearing had the encouraging slogan 'Modest is hottest')."

— Udolpho begins a thought-provoking post on the media's reaction to the chastity message, after seeing me speak last night. (See Mean Mr. Mustard for related commentary.)

think I know which attendee was Udolpho; there were actually a few Dawn Patrol readers there in addition to the church's crowd, which made me very happy. I'm hoping more show up tomorrow night, when I speak at Dallas's Theology on Tap.