Monday, April 30, 2007

'Bella' of the ball

As Alicia Colon wrote in the New York Sun last week, I will be at the Ball for Life on May 11. Mexican screen star Eduardo Verástegui of the acclaimed film "Bella" will be there, as will Celeste Holm, Patricial Neal, and many other luminaries will be there. I'm particularly looking forward to meeting Monsignor Jim Lisante, who did a phone interview with me on his radio show last December (which may be heard online).

Chris Slattery of Expectant Mother Care, which along with Good Counsel Homes is a beneficiary of the ball, has contacted me to let me know he will give a special "Friend of Dawn Eden" discount to anyone who contacts him for a ticket to the event. I don't know the exact discount, but I know that in the past, the ball's organizers have been very flexible on ticket rates in order to make it possible for young adult pro-life supporters to attend the event. If you'd like to take advantage of the discount, write me at the address on left (or via my handy-dandy contact form and I'll send you Chris's phone number.