Friday, May 4, 2007

Outdo Dear Abby

Yesterday's Dear Abby began with this letter:

DEAR ABBY: I am a 28-year-old woman and have been dating a 26-year-old man I'll call "Chris" for four months. We have become good friends. On our last date, the topic of sex came up, and Chris told me that he was a virgin and that it was very important for him to find a girl who had "never been with anyone" either.

Well, Abby, that bridge was burned when I was a teenager. I was honest with Chris about it, which was not easy because I now regret some of the poor choices I made at that time of my life. I am a completely different person now due to a religious conversion and am waiting until I am married to have sex again.
Read the rest of the letter and Abby's advice.

I agree with Abby's advice on what the woman should do, but not with her condescending tone. Can you do better? I think so! Please, be my guest in the comments section below. And pray for "Deflowered in Pennsylvania" and her boyfriend.

Found via St. Michael's News and World Report.