Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thrilled to the 'Max/
Sex and the Windy City


The July issue of NewsMax features an interview with me with a headline calling me a "Former Rocker." Ah, in my dreams. In real life, I play guitar about as well as the lead strummer of the Shaggs (and, some people would say, sing like her too). But I did formerly write about rock, and I touch on that in the interview, which you can read by clicking on the image above or buying the magazine. Many thanks for NewsMax's David Patten for conducting the interview.

The story doesn't mention my new position as director of the Cardinal Newman Society's Love and Responsibility program, because I accepted the position after it went to press.

* * *

If you're in the Chicago area, come hear me speak at the "Views from the Veranda" series at St. Alphonsus Church, this Tuesday, July 10, at 7 p.m. The event promises free salad, so perhaps I'll talk a bit about modest dressing.

Purchase The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On at Amazon.com.