Monday, March 24, 2008

Goodwill of the chaste

My order of 35 author's copies of The Thrill of the Chaste arrived today, and just in time, as three seminarians from Conception Seminary College wrote today to take me up on my offer of a free copy of my book (in English or Spanish) to any priest, member of a religious order, or seminarian who requests it. I think that and the request today from a Kenrick-Glennon seminarian raises the total number of takers to twelve since I first made the offer less than two weeks ago.

It turns out that the chairman of Conception's Philosophy Department, Dr. Christopher Anadale, tipped off the seminary's chapter of Phi Sigma Tau (a philosophy honor society) to my offer. Many thanks to Dr. Anadale, and I hope his recommendation leads to still more requests. It is a joy for me to have the opportunity to send my book to those who are vowed or will be vowed in service to the Church. If you qualify and would like a copy of The Thrill, please e-mail me (you can use my online contact form).