Friday, April 4, 2008

Friendly Barb


Got some pics from my trip to speak at Notre Dame's Edith Stein Conference last week, including this shot of me trying a bit too hard not to blink while getting photographed with my new BFF, Barbara Nicolosi. We had sent a few e-mails back and forth over the years but never met. I enjoyed every minute of the time we spent together, and I could see what my friends who knew her meant when they told me how she helped bring out their creativity. During a few conversations, she helped me fine-tune points for my talk at the conference and my related upcoming InsideCatholic.com article; both were greatly improved from her insights.

Reading Barbara's bio in the catalog for Act One, the nonprofit she co-founded that mentors Christians in Hollywood, I was excited to learn she has bought the film rights to A Severe Mercy, one of my favorite books. Please pray for her as she begins the process of getting the film produced; it has the potential to bring many people a greater understanding of God's grace.

If you'd like to learn more about her efforts to inspire Christians in the media to create works that are good art, and not just good "Christian" art, a good place to start is her "Prayer for Forgiveness."