Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sunday kind of love

Deacon Hugh Vincent Dyer O.P. tipped me off to "Song for Thursday," a song by Leesha Harvey written upon reading G.K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday.



The melody puts me to sleep (I need hooks), but the lyrics are wonderful; they capture many of the aspects of the book that inspired me.

A sample:

The universe has bottomed out
Look at that blood-red sky
Just poets in a shadowed park
You and I

Your anarchy needs order
Must have something there to fight
You can't see the tree before you
Without a light

We're running through side streets
Chased by our fears
Cause the One that we hate and we love is getting near

Waiting for Sunday to appear
No way that we can hide
(So) drop the mask, all you fakers here
We're on the same side

Read the rest of the words via YouTube.