Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I wish this photo were taken east of where I am right now ...


... so I could caption it, "What would I do for a Klondike bar?" But the bar is actually in Anchorage, and truthfully I can't think of anywhere I would rather have been last night. Would say more, but must get sleep for tonight's talk in Wasilla. Tomorrow, it's Seattle—more details on the Appearances page of thrillofthechaste.com.

Among the many other beautiful experiences I have enjoyed on this trip was yesterday's visit to St. Nicholas of Myra Byzantine Catholic Church. Many thanks to Radical Catholic Mom for taking me there, and for Father Hornick for the tour.

Speaking of Radical Catholic Mom, she writes on her blog about a moment of grace we shared with Ed Iwata.

AND ANOTHER THING: Father Phil Bloom of Holy Family Parish previews his Trinity Sunday homily, which includes some very kind references to my book. I will be signing copies of The Thrill of the Chaste after Holy Family's Saturday Vigil Masses and its Sunday Masses.