Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Friend needs help and prayers

I am posting the following on behalf of a dear friend of mine in Connecticut who is back on the job market after spending three years taking care of her mother, who passed away last August. I can personally vouch for her talent and character. She writes:

From November 2004 until her passing in August 2007, I had the privilege of caring for my mother full-time as she battled a crippling illness. Since Our Lord called her home last summer, I have been involved in settling her affairs. I have been involved in the (volunteer) coordination of spiritual and social activities at my parish as well – a role that has helped me refresh and improve all of my workforce skills.

I have begun in earnest to look for a full-time job. Prior to my caregiving vocation, I spent twenty-five years in the administration field in various industries including marketing and advertising, executive search, and fundraising for various non-profits (healthcare and education).

I have a broad skill set that enables me to work in almost any environment. I am looking for a position as an executive assistant, a director of development, an event planner – all of which fit with my particular talents. I am a whiz on the computer (PC and Mac), I type like the wind, and I possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral. I can learn anything – fast!

As a daily communicant, I would dearly love to continue going to morning Mass – something I managed to do before I left the workforce and continued to do during my caregiving vocation. I was always blessed to have understanding supervisors in this regard. So finding a job that allows this vital part of my day would be ideal.

I am reminded of Mother Teresa’s daily prayer. I found it on a prayer card I in my mother’s prayer book after she passed away. It now resides in my own prayer book.

'Let me preach Thee without preaching, not by words but by my example, by the catching force, the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears to Thee.'

Whatever job I find, I hope to work for the greater glory of God. He has given me so many blessings, and I want to be a leaven in the midst of society. I don’t need to work in a Catholic or Christian company per se (although I wouldn’t object…), but I hope to find a position where I can show others the joy that comes from following Our Lord every day.

I am looking for a position in mid-Fairfield County, Connecticut. I could also do Putnam County, N.Y., and am flexible on other locations. Also, I am flexible on salary, which people can inquire about directly.

Truly, your prayers on my behalf are appreciated.
If you have any leads for my friend, please e-mail me (or use my feedback form). She will also be reading the comments to this post, and I know she will be encouraged by your prayers. Thank you.