Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prayer request

Please pray for a Dawn Patrol reader and commenter who just lost a baby. We have never met, but have spoken in the past. She called me today on her way to the hospital and was in great distress. I know that whenever she returns to read my blog, it would comfort her to know that readers are praying for her. Thank you.

UPDATE, 3:48 p.m.: The mom, Josephine, writes in a comment:

"Damien and I are home from the hospital. He is beyond himself and I am not doing to great emotionally. We had a fairly compassionate doctor attending us but a clueless nurse who seemed to think telling me what a good thing I lost the baby was, since there was probably something wrong with him. We decided to call him Sean Aaron. I was 16 weeks and so was he so I probably lost him within the last few days.

"I may register him with the shrine of the innocents. But for now I am going to comfort and cuddle the 6 I have here with me and go back to bed.

"Thanks for the prayers. Especially for the kids. They go from playing to crying. They don't know what to do with all of this.

"God bless."