Saturday, June 28, 2008

Welcome, EWTN viewers!

If you're visiting this site after having seen me on EWTN's "Faith and Culture," welcome! Here are a few quick links if you'd like to learn a bit more about me and my book:

  • The show was taped last September, when I was the first and, so far, only director of the Cardinal Newman Society's outreach effort to help Catholic colleges promote chastity, the Love and Responsibility Program. The society cut out the outreach component of the program a few months later, so I left to continue as a freelance writer and speaker.

  • My next speaking appearances will be at World Youth Day 2008 in Sydney, where I will be speaking at the Sisters of Life's Love and Life Site July 16 at 6 p.m. Details on my other WYD appearances will be available on the Juventutem Web site.

  • My book, The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On, is available from Amazon in English and in Spanish. It is also available in Polish and will soon be available in Chinese. More information about my book is available on thrillofthechaste.com. (The site's Appearances page needs an update, as I've yet to list my WYD dates, but it will tell you where I've been.)

  • My most recent freelance writings include articles for InsideCatholic on feminism and Pope John Paul II (how his call for a "new feminism" was misinterpreted) and stem-cell politics. I also wrote an article for the American Spectator online this month on how "Sex and the City" influences young girls: "Sex and the Kiddies."

  • Since taping "Faith and Culture," I have discussed The Thrill on NBC's "Today" show and on the Australian "Today" knockoff "Weekend Sunrise (below).


  • I am grateful for your interest in my work and particularly for your prayers. Readers of this blog buoyed me greatly with their prayers earlier this year when I had my second operation for thyroid cancer. Right now, I am very thankful to be cancer-free and working on a proposal for my second book. It will not be the follow-up to The Thrill that I had originally planned, but rather a book encompassing a wider theme of recovery and healing in Christ. More as it develops, but in the meantime, thanks again for all your prayers, good wishes, and support. To borrow a phrase from Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, a hero of mine, God love you!