Thursday, July 31, 2008

'Poor little bunny'
Brit comics take on the 'Man Cold'

This is for my friend Billy, who felt embarrassed for complaining about his dental surgery once I mentioned I was on Day 4 off thyroid hormone. (As I have mentioned, the withdrawal from the hormone is in advance of my mid-August radioactive-iodine treatment, which is necessary to kill any cancerous cells left in the wake of my thyroidectomy.) I didn't mean to one-up him. The clip, which has over three million YouTube views, is from a British TV series, which I discovered via Mark Shea.



What I like most about it is that men seem to find it even funnier than women do. It was only recently that I learned, through the writings of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, that men not only have a lower threshold for pain and discomfort than women, they know it.

* * *

Have more to say on my Sydney tour (with more pics), but deprivation from the hormone is hitting me and I must get sleep. Many thanks for your prayers, which are helping a great deal.