Thursday, August 14, 2008

Obama on his support for infanticide: 'I will not yield'

To those who insist upon considering the election a toss-up between two "pro-choice" candidates because of McCain's support of embryonic stem-cell research, read Obama's lips:



La Shawn Barber rightly raised this issue after seeing this video on my blog, and I can't say it any better than she does:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll keep saying and blogging it until people are ready to run in the opposite direction, screaming with their ears covered. I just don’t see how someone who claims to follow Christ can believe women have the right to choose to kill their unborn babies. I just don’t get it. Listen to this guy, this Christ-professing man [in the video above:]

To fan-girl applause, Barack Obama, who voted for the Freedom of Choice Act last year, says the first thing he’ll do when he takes office is sign the bill into law.

“On this issue, I will not yield.”

In contrast, John McCain, a man I’ll reluctantly, with a strenuous effort, vote for in November, said this about partial birth abortion:

“I will do everything in my power to ban that horrible procedure.”

Now, it doesn’t matter to me whether McCain is a Christian or not. At the very least, he’s against so-called partial birth abortion, and that’s good enough for me. When it comes to unborn life, I will not yield. Any Obama supporter who claims to be a Christian ought to be ashamed. I hate it, man. But I’m not your judge, so what I say or think about you won’t really matter, will it?
RELATED: As La Shawn adds, oh, brother. Do tell McCain what you think of his "trial balloon" hinting at a pro-abortion veep.