Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thank you!

I must get some sleep now, as tomorrow is orientation day at the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception at Dominican House of Studies, where I will begin full-time graduate studies in the M.A. theology program on Tuesday.

There is so much I have been wanting to write to you these past couple of weeks related to this new phase of my life, including one last grateful musing on my Sydney tour. However, I have mostly confined myself to subjects that are easier to write about (e.g. politics and lighter things) due to last week's radioactive-iodine treatment and the exhausting preparation it entailed.

Please know that I am very, very thankful to have the gift of good health and good spirits as I enter DHS, and remain grateful to those of you whose prayers have carried me through this time of transition. Until I learn the Dominican order's favorite phrase of praise, I will just keep saying ad majorem Dei gloriam!