Monday, December 8, 2008

Welcome, Matt Abbott readers!

If you've come here after reading RenewAmerica columnist Matt C. Abbott's profile of me, welcome to my personal blog. Since this site is a kind of bulletin board where I put up items about whatever interests me at the moment, I'll save you some searching in case you just want to know more about my work as author of The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On. Here are some quick links:

  • The official site for The Thrillthrillofthechaste.com, has lots of links and multimedia related to my book. You'll note the "Appearances" page currently has no upcoming dates listed, but in fact I do have a talk coming up at the NFP conference in Philadelphia in March, for which I'll be posting details soon. There is also a chance that I may be speaking at a chastity conference in D.C. around the time of the March for Life next month. I will post details on thrillofthechaste.com and also on this blog if that date is confirmed.

  • If you would like to read more Thrill excerpts besides the one Matt posted, you will find some online at Beliefnet and Crosswalk.
  • Over the past two years, I have spoken about chastity and the culture of life throughout the United States and also in Canada, England, Ireland, and Australia. In Sydney, during World Youth Day, I was invited to defend chastity on a national morning TV program, "The Morning Show."


  • When The Thrill came out, some friends helped me create a music video to promote it, a take-off on Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues," retitled "Chastity Rome-Chick Blues."



  • If you buy The Thrill of the Chaste from one of the Amazon links on this page (like the one in an entry I posted earlier this week, which will take you to a special offer), I donate my commissions to BeyondMorningSickness.com, run by author Ashli Foshee McCall. Ashli uses the funds to send copies of her book Beyond Morning Sickness to women in need who are suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), a kind of extreme nausea that strikes during pregnancy and can threaten the mother's life if left untreated. Thanks to purchases made by readers of this site, dozens of women have received copies of Beyond Morning Sickness; you can read testimonials from them and others whom the book has helped on the book's Amazon page.

    Watch CNN's profile of Ashli and the important work she does to educate HG sufferers and their doctors about this little-understood ailment that can be managed with the proper care.