Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quote of the day

"I have been on all sides of this issue for most of my life, and I can simply not escape the logic. That fetus a pregnant woman is carrying inside of her, regardless of the gestation stage, is a living, breathing human being. Yes, breathing – the amniotic sac forms 12 days after conception, and in the second trimester the baby is actually breathing the amniotic fluid. It’s not an ‘unviable tissue mass.’ Not a wart, a mole, a skin outcropping, a boil, or a bundle of uncoordinated cells. It’s not just a ‘fetus’.

"It’s a baby. Not fully developed, true. Like an infant is not a fully developed and mature adult. But it’s a baby. ...

"And I stand condemned. I’ve paid for three [abortions] and was responsible for probably several more, I’m not really sure. But it breaks my heart. Because I’ve been convicted in my soul. It took years after the fact, but I was shown the Truth. And not to get mumbo-jumbo, oogly-boogly on you, but it was a spiritual awakening that did it. It happened unexpectedly, and it threw me to my knees in sudden tearful epiphany of what it meant for a man to be with a woman, what sex was really designed for by our Creator and… what abortion is."

—"Star Trek" actor Gary Graham"A Woman's Right to Choose"

MORE: If you or someone you know is suffering in the wake of an abortion, find resources for healing through Silent No More.