Monday, April 13, 2009

Obama, Georgetown ... and me

UPDATE: See my post on the President's address.

Original post:

How badly is the White House trying to court Catholic bloggers? Well, I'll tell you ...

First, they put me on their "Faith" media mailing list. Then, they sent me the press release for the President's "major address" on economics at Georgetown University tomorrow morning, which included an RSVP e-mail address for those seeking media credentials.

I wrote back saying, "Dawn Eden of The Dawn Patrol would like credentials," and the word came back—I'm in.

The White House press office says Obama "will discuss how each step his administration has taken to confront this economic crisis fits within his broader vision of how we move this economy from recession to recovery and ultimately to prosperity. He’ll also talk about the significant work that remains to be done to get the economy moving forward once again."

Given his disinclination to take questions, it is unlikely I will have the opportunity to query the President. If such an opportunity does arise, any suggestions as to a good question on the topic of economics?

What I think of a Catholic university's hosting Obama goes without saying.