Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting well, sewn

I am delighted to report that yesterday's surgery went perfectly. Just got home, am well stitched up (with those newfangled inside stitches—didn't even know they could do that), and am now beginning two weeks' recovery at home.

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for me. I prayed before surgery, as well as while I was in the hospital for everyone who told me they were praying for me. Just so as not to leave anyone out, I prayed for everyone else who reads this blog too.

As the anesthesia wore off yesterday afternoon, I had the comfort of hearing a hymn wafting through my mind, just as had happened during the times I returned to consciousness after my surgeries for thyroid cancer last year. This time, it was "Salve Regina." The worst part of surgery is the moment one wakes up afterwards, so it was such a blessing to be welcomed back to the world by the recollection of heavenly music. That experience, as well as everything else that went so well during my treatment, owed much to your storming heaven on my behalf. Thanks so much again, and God bless you.