Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Remembering Archbishop Sambi

Archbishop Pietro Sambi, the Vatican nuncio to the United States who passed away last week at the age of 73, was not only a great diplomat, but also a man of great love. I am thankful to Catholic News Agency for letting me share a story of his generosity that reveals both his affection for the Jewish people and his deep friendship with Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger, a convert from Judaism. The story is available on CNA's Web site.

I am also very grateful for your prayers as I continue working to complete My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints in time for my publisher's deadline (now August 12). Please keep those prayers coming; I need them very much as I write.

Scroll down to my previous post or click here for a couple of other recent bits of news from Eden. If you are in the Baltimore/D.C. area, I hope to see you when I speak August 9 at the Baltimore Archdiocese Theology on Tap.