Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Support from a Sister

Today I had the pleasure of discovering that Father V of Adam's Ale and Sister Brigid Ancilla Marie of the Sisters of Life are conspiring to say lovely things about my upcoming book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints.

Father V's Tuesday Quote of the Week (actually several quotes) includes these words from Sister Brigid about My Peace I Give You: "I hear your friend Dawn is getting ready to publish a new book ... Mother [Agnes Mary Donovan] wrote the foreword. I believe the book will be a great source of healing for many. Praise God!"

My Peace I Give You, which comes out in April, is my effort to help adult victims of childhood sexual abuse find healing in Christ through the examples of saints who were themselves abused. I'm very encouraged to hear that Sister Brigid has such high hopes for it. You can read other praise for the book here and pre-order it from Amazon here.