Flyer for the My Peace I Give You launch event at the Catholic Information Center (click to enlarge)
As I prepare for my April 23 talk and signing at Washington's Catholic Information Center to launch my upcoming book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints, I am also lining up other personal appearances.
My Peace I Give You, which bears an Imprimatur from Donald Cardinal Wuerl, is the first book ever to provide a Catholic approach to spiritual healing for adult victims of childhood sexual abuse. (Read praise for it here.) There are several different talks I can give on the book. The subtitle itself makes an excellent topic for a general talk, but I can also give a talk on the topic of each individual chapter. To list just a few:
- "Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints"
- "The Love We Forget: Discovering the Father—with St. Ignatius Loyola and St. Josephine Bakhita"
- "The Love that Shelters: Opening Our Hearts to the Sacred Heart—with Mary, Mother of Hope"
- "The Love that Transforms: Learning the True Meaning of Spiritual Childhood with St. Thérèse of Lisieux"
- "The Love that Grows Deeper: Drawing Closer to God and to One Another—with Dorothy Day"
- "The Love that Heals: Finding Our Past, Present, and Future in the Eucharist—with St. Thomas Aquinas and Blessed Karolina Kózka"