I'm thrilled to report that on Sunday, April 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m, the bookstore at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception will host me for a book signing. I will be signing my new book, My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints, as well as my first, The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fulfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On.
The Shrine—"Mary's House"—is one of my favorite places in the world. It is a joy and an honor to be able to meet pilgrims there as I spread the word about My Peace I Give You, which is the first book ever to offer Catholic spirituality for adult victims of childhood sexual abuse.
My Peace I Give You carries an Imprimatur from Donald Cardinal Wuerl. Father James Martin calls it a "sensitive and poignant effort to offer the gift of healing to some of the most wounded people of our time." You can read what others have to say about it on the Ave Maria Press website.
And don't forget my April 23 talk and signing at Washington's Catholic Information Center. Click the image above to see more details. I will be speaking at 6:30 p.m. and signing books afterwards.
After school lets out in May, I would like to spend the rest of the spring and all the summer speaking about
My Peace I Give You. There are several different talks I can give on the book. The subtitle itself—Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints makes an excellent topic for a general talk, but I can also give a talk based on each chapter. The titles of the chapters include:
- "The Love We Forget: Discovering the Father—with St. Ignatius Loyola and St. Josephine Bakhita"
- "The Love that Shelters: Opening Our Hearts to the Sacred Heart—with Mary, Mother of Hope"
- "The Love that Transforms: Learning the True Meaning of Spiritual Childhood with St. Thérèse of Lisieux"
- "The Love that Grows Deeper: Drawing Closer to God and to One Another—with Dorothy Day"
- "The Love that Heals: Finding Our Past, Present, and Future in the Eucharist—with St. Thomas Aquinas and Blessed Karolina Kózka"