Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Now and Jen

I'm thrilled that ConversionDiary.com blogger Jennifer Fulwiler has taken me up on my request to conduct the first interview with me about my upcoming book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints.

My Peace I Give You is the first book of Catholic spirituality written for adult victims of childhood sexual abuse. I wanted Jen to be the first journalist to interview me about it, because she is an excellent and sensitive writer, and has a background in some ways similar to mine, in that she is a convert who spent much of her life outside religious social circles.

It was a pleasure to do the interview with Jen, which she conducted by phone. Her questions were sensitive and insightful, making it easy to open up to her. The story is set to run on the National Catholic Register website the week of April 9, when My Peace begins to arrive in stores. Word is that it will also appear in the print edition, along with a review of the book.

Speaking of My Peace I Give You, don't forget that April 23 is the book-launch event at Washington's Catholic Information Center, and you are invited. If you are outside of Washington and want to bring me to your town to speak about My Peace, please write to me via my feedback form.