Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New interview: Jennifer Fulwiler asks me about 'forgiving the unforgivable'

Jennifer Fulwiler (left) of Conversion Diary is one of my personal inspirations, as a woman who is profoundly conscious of her need for God's grace. She writes about her journey as one would write to a best friend, with love and great good humor. So it was a joy for me when she answered my request that she be the first writer to share my story about the writing of My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints—a story that includes my experience as a survivor of childhood sexual abuse.

Last week, the National Catholic Register ran the first part of Jennifer's interview with me. Today, Jennifer has the second half of the interview on Conversion Diary. In it, I talk about "forgiving the unforgivable."
* * *

As I noted earlier, don't be discouraged by the "May 14" publication date that's showing up on the Amazon page for My Peace I Give You. The book shipped to stores last week. Those who pre-ordered on Amazon should receive their copies within days.