Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Special offer for those attending my book launch

There's a special reason why I chose April 23 as the date for my talk at the Catholic Information Center to launch my new book, My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints. It is the birthday of one of my favorite not-yet-canonized patron "saints": Father Daniel A. Lord S.J., who whose writings and  joyful witness in the face of terminal cancer helped shape my own understanding of what it means to suffer in union with Christ.

Knowing my fondness for Father Lord and my desire to share his writings with others, the good people at the CIC (1501 K St. NW, Washington, D.C.) have agreed to make a special offer on the night of my talk there (that's this Monday, April 23, at 6:30 p.m.): The first fifty people who purchase My Peace I Give You will receive each receive their choice of a beautiful reprint of a classic booklet of prayers written by Father Lord—his Sacred Heart Novena or his Infant of Prague Novena. If you receive one of them, I hope Father Lord's writing brings you as much comfort and inspiration as it has brought to me. It was he who, in a time of depression, said to his Lord the sentence that I quote at the start of My Peace I Give You: "It may well be that I shall find you in the depths before I shall find you upon the heights."