Sunday, May 20, 2012

The sound of the Spirit

The first leg of the My Peace I Give You world tour [see the itinerary here] currently has me deep in the heart of Detroit, Michigan, staying with the Sisters of the Holy Cross in their convent on the grounds of Assumption Grotto Parish. As I write, I am in my room waiting for my old friend Michael J. New to drive me to my next talk, for the Frassati Society of Detroit.

A friend warned me that, from my room facing busy Gratiot Avenue, I might hear automatic gunfire outside (though only in the middle of the night). However, since arriving, the only noticeable sounds have been the odd ambulance and, right now, the joyful noise of a gospel choir across the street, singing "Holy Ghost Power." The sound is so inviting; I can't imagine that anyone passing by wouldn't want to join in. And the song even mentions the saints!



Many thanks to those who are praying for me as I share the message of My Peace. I'm having a wonderful time, and it is a real blessing to be able to speak about healing sexual wounds with the help of the saints.