Thursday, May 3, 2012

VIDEO: Brandon Vogt interviews me on finding joy in the midst of suffering



Brandon Vogt, blogger at The Thin Veil and author of The Church and New Media: Blogging Converts, Online Activists, and Bishops Who Tweet, interviews me about my new book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints. Click the image above to watch the video, or go to The Thin Veil to stream or download the interview as an MP3 file.

It was a great pleasure doing the interview, my first via Skype. Next time, I'll have to close the closet door and clean the mail off the kitchen counter!

There is a funny moment for Dawn Patrol insiders at about six minutes into the video, when I am talking about Christopher Hitchens and experience a brief moment of panic when I fear I named the wrong "Christopher." It's because I had talked so much about another gent by that name a couple of years ago, when interviewed about my master's thesis. Happy to have moved on to fresh horizons!

I think the best part of the interview starts at 10:23, when Brandon asks me about the difference between pleasure and joy. After that, I answer his question about what I would say to people who, like me, have suffered abuse. Please join me in praying that My Peace I Give You becomes an instrument of healing, and that God may use me as a living instrument for that same purpose in my talks and interviews.