Friday, July 6, 2012

My Peace plays in Peoria!

Sharing My Peace I Give You at Assumption Grotto Parish, Detroit, May 20, 2012

As I prepare to speak in Cincinnati this Sunday (see details of my upcoming appearances), I am delighted to report that, thanks to Catholic Post book page editor Nancy Piccione, I have an affirmative answer to the age-old question: my book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints plays in Peoria!

Piccione writes:

As a child of divorce, Eden experienced sexual abuse in various settings, then as a young adult lived promiscuously to "take control" of her sexuality. But wholeness and true happiness remained elusive.

In Eden’s 2006 international bestseller, 
The Thrill of the Chaste, Eden wrote about discovering the appeal that modesty and sexual restraint offer, but had not yet come to terms with the legacy of abuse in her life.

During and after her conversion to Catholicism, Eden sees that healing from those sexual wounds is ongoing and a work of the Holy Spirit, through specific saints who provide solace on the journey.

As she writes to the many who are childhood sexual abuse victim, "I want you to know you are not alone, you are not forgotten, and you have more friends in heaven than you realize.”

My Peace I Give You is part memoir and part meditations on what the saints can teach us about wholeness of body, mind and spirit, even in the face of searing memories and experiences.
Read the full review.