Friday, September 14, 2012

VIDEO: Manhattan mingling



Click the image above to watch the video in a new window.

From a friend in NYC comes this fun video clip of the reception and signing following my talk about My Peace I Give You at the offices of First Things last night. The camera moves through the crowd and quickly pans the line of people waiting to meet me.

As you can see, the Sisters of Life turned out in full force! I didn't count them, but I heard there were twelve sisters present, which sounds about right. It was a joy to see them, some of whom I knew from when I volunteered for them before I moved out of the New York area. Their General Superior, Mother Agnes Mary Donovan S.V., wrote the foreword for My Peace I Give You.

All told, about seventy people turned out for the talk, including many very dear old friends as well as people who told me how they or a friend had already been touched by  the message of My Peace I Give You. One audience member had me sign a copy of My Peace that she said was lent to her by a staff member of the Archdiocese of New York's Family Life/Respect Life office. She said that the staff member was already using it in counseling post-abortive women, many of whom are victims of childhood sexual abuse.

Many thanks to all the Dawn Patrol readers who have been praying for my apostolate. I hope that from this brief video you may pick up a sense of how your prayers are bearing fruit.