Monday, May 9, 2016

Pom-pom and circumstance: More photos and video from my graduation day

A Dad's-eye view of me as I process into Mundelein Seminary's auditorium

As promised, here are more photos of my graduation from 24th grade last Saturday as I became the first woman to receive a canonical doctorate from the University of St. Mary of the Lake.


Awaiting the procession with Diocese of Joliet seminarian Peter Infanger, who invited me to play on his trivia team during each of the two years I was at Mundelein. We won both times!

Father Ryan Rojo of the Diocese of San Angelo, Texas, and I wear academic birettas we each purchased from House of Hansen. His is the licentiate biretta (three horns) and mine is the doctoral one (four horns). Under my arm is a copy of Remembering God's Mercy I brought to give to a friend.

A Mom's-eye-view of me as I am hooded by Father James Presta. (For photos of me as I receive my diploma from Archbishop Blase Cupich, go here.)


With my stepmother and father after the ceremony

With (from left) my stepfather, mother, Vice Rector Father Thomas Baima (who chaired my Doctoral Board) and Dr. Matthew Levering (my dissertation director)

With Dr. Melanie Barrett, Associate Professor of Moral Theology at Mundelein



Celebrating at Mundelein Seminary's annual African graduation party at the end of a joyful and blessed day spent with family and friends. God is good!