Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Discussing forgiveness with author Father Scott Hurd at Guadalupe Radio


This morning, thanks to the ingenuity of WMET Guadalupe Radio Network host Irene Lagan, I had the joy of meeting an author who had given me advice and encouragement while I was writing My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints. He is Father Scott Hurd, who, besides being Vicar General of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, is the author of Forgiveness: A Catholic Approach, and our meeting came about because Irene booked us both to appear on her "Catholic Matters" show.

That's me above with Father Hurd in the WMET studio, with Our Lady of Guadalupe aglow over Father's shoulder; we are each holding a copy of the other's book.

If you are in the Washington, D.C., area, please come to the official launch event for My Peace I Give You this coming Monday, April 23, at the Catholic Information Center Bookstore, 1501 K St. NW, at 6:30 p.m. I'll be giving a talk and signing books. (For those on Facebook, the CIC has an event page for the signing.)

I'll also be speaking in Philadelphia next month and have tentative plans to speak in Michigan, Missouri, and New York. If you are in one of those cities and would like me to speak at your parish or other venue, know that I am eager to spread the message of My Peace I Give YouClick here for more about my touring plans (scroll down to "A personal message").

My next media appearances are:

April 20, 10 a.m.: "In the Heartland with Bishop Pates" (guest host: Tom Neal) on KWKY (Norwalk, IA) and KVSS (Omaha and Lincoln, NE)

April 21, 3 p.m.: "The Drew Marshall Show" on CYJE (Oakville, ON, Canada)

May 4, 2 p.m.: FoxNews.com's Fox News Live—"Spirited Debate" with Lauren Green
* * *

Don't be discouraged by the "May 14" publication date that's showing up on the Amazon page for My Peace I Give You. The book shipped to stores last week. Those who pre-ordered on Amazon should receive their copies within days.