Saturday, August 18, 2012

My "Tin Cup" runneth over!
A note of thanks

Untitled

Signing books after addressing the St. Thomas More Society of Orange County, Tustin, California, August 15, 2012 (see more photos courtesy of the STMOC on Flickr).

My California speaking tour having ended, I arrived home tonight after a lo-o-ong journey!

First, my friend Bill dropped me off at LAX last night to catch the red-eye to LaGuardia. Seven hours later, my friend Lyle (whom you can see standing directly in front of his mother in this classic 1970 Richard Avedon photo) picked me up from the airport, taking me for a diner breakfast with copious amounts of coffee, and then to St. Joseph's Seminary in Yonkers, where I taped an interview about My Peace I Give You for Colleen Carroll Campbell's EWTN show "Faith and Culture." (Colleen tapes well in advance, so I'm told the episode may not air until as late as next May.) From there, Lyle dropped me off at Penn Station, where I took the 3:04 p.m. train to D.C.'s Union Station, and, two Metro rides later, landed at Chez Eden. Whew!

Upon arriving home, I was overwhelmed with delight and gratitude upon discovering that the generosity of Dawn Patrol readers had provided all the books and supplies I needed for the new school semester. Thanks so much to D.L., C.C., J.D., P.C., and M.T., as well as the donor or donors who chose to remain anonymous. Together you provided me with everything I will need for the five classes I am taking this semester at the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception at Dominican House of Studies. What a wonderful encouragement as I work to complete the pontifically licensed degrees I need (S.T.B. and S.T.L.) in order to attain my hoped-for sacred-theology doctorate. You are a part of any and all good work I do in school and in my writing/speaking apostolate, and you are in my prayers.