Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pane relief

"Those Catholics that strive toward orthodoxy are often told by more 'progressive' ones that Mary is to be honored for her humble origins and that to make her a queen is the stuff of theological fantasy. Let me say this: she may have lived a humble life, but she is a queen; and, as her subject, let me further say, she can be humbling--that is she can humble the proud. She was the one, by this window, that made it occur to me that I, at 32 or 33 years old, was in no position to think that I had better answers to the questions that Holy Mother Church had addressed and answered with authority for over 2,000 years. [...]

"I used to work downtown and had the pleasure of going to this church nearly every weekday for almost eight years. I never did so without looking at this window. Off the top of my head, that means I have seen this window about 2,000 times. And I have often looked at it hoping that it is the first image I see whenever it is that I leave this world for the next one."

— Kansas City Catholic"A Window to Another World." Check out the full post to see photos of the beautiful window.