Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Moving foreword

I was elated yesterday to receive the foreword written for my upcoming book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints by Mother Agnes Mary Donovan S.V. of the Sisters of Life. Mother Agnes Mary was my first choice to write the foreword, as I have seen firsthand how her order aids women who have been abused or otherwise rejected by those close to them. She herself also is familiar with the effects of childhood sexual abuse from her work in psychology; she holds a doctorate and was a developmental-psychology professor at Columbia University's Teachers College. It is a blessing to have her support as the book moves closer to its April 2012 publication.

If you are a journalist and would like to receive updates or a review copy of My Peace I Give You, please write me via my feedback form and I'll forward your contact information to Ave Maria Press's publicity department. You can also contact the department directly.

* * *


While waiting for My Peace I Give You to hit the stores, I continue to study towards an STL (an intermediate degree needed before attaining a doctorate in sacred theology), and am also writing concert reviews for the Weekly Standard. My latest review is of the wonderful show that Loretta Lynn performed recently in Washington, D.C.